May 13, 2021
In late 2020, Instagram introduced reels, which are 15-30 second videos allowing creators to combine music, videos, photos and text (similar to Tik Tok). Like any new feature on social media, there’s a learning curve. I definitely struggled with creating strong content through reels for the first couple of weeks, but from a business perspective, it’s SO important to hop on this trend. There are a lot of growth opportunities with this feature and today’s the day to finally get the ball rolling!
1. Benefits of Instagram Reels for Your Biz
With my Instagram business account, I’ve been trying to find a good balance between providing content that’s informational, but also shows that there’s a real person behind the screen. For me, reels have been a great solution. I can create educational content, while also getting the chance to talk directly to my audience.
Reels also have a separate explore tab on Instagram, which means there’s a ton of potential to reach a larger audience and grow your biz!
2. Different Types of Reel Content
One of the best aspects of reels is that the opportunities are limitless! It’s the perfect excuse to experiment with different types of content and be creative. But, if you don’t consider yourself to be creative, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Discuss industry trends
- Give educational tips and tricks
- Share something you learned recently
- Provide personal experience anecdotes
- Highlight your products and services
- Share inspirational quotes
- Showcase your favorite projects
- Create humorous content using popular Tik Tok and reel sounds
- Give your audience a glimpse behind the scenes of your biz
Here are some of my personal reel ideas I’ve posted!
3. Audio Sounds for Your Reels
There are a couple of different ways to find the perfect audio for your reel:
- Directly from the reels: Just click on the ‘music’ icon and you’ll have access to all the latest hits!
- From your explore page: When you’re scrolling through your reels explore page, you can save audio from other peoples’ reels.
- From Instagram accounts: There are accounts on Instagram that are dedicated to posting trending sounds that you can use. Some of these accounts include @tiktoksoundsforyou and @tiktoksoundsforreels. They make it super easy for you to find audio to match your reel content!
Follow me on Instagram @jyamedia for more reel inspiration! ✨